Artist's sketch of accreting neutron star, a possible source of gravitational waves. Image: NASA.
My primary objectives included calibration and tests of gamma-ray detector setup BDRG in order to produce reliable and precise data for scientific investigation. Some data gamma-ray detector DRG data of RELEK satellite, operating in orbit since 2014, has also been processed.
- Performance of BDRG detectors of Lomonosov satellite has been investigated during 2 years of laboratory tests. Several calibrations have been performed.
- Temperature-related distortions in BDRG data have been investigated.
- Errors in BDRG coordinate-determining technique have been calculated, by experimentally simulating GRBs at different positions.
- I took part in the development of several projects in Seoul and Paris. Under the supervision of Dr. Bruce Grossan, I wrote the program for real-time GRB detection and processed BAT and UVOT detector data of Swift Satellite in order to predict GRB detection rates for X-Ray, IR/Optical instruments of smaller size.
- I participated in Lomonosov conference for students, PhDs, and young scientists, organized by Moscow University and Ministry of Science and Education.
Amelushkin, A.M., Bogomolov, V.V., Galkin, V.I., Goncharov, B.V., Gorbovskoy, E.S., Kornilov, V.G., Lipunov, V.M., Panasyuk, M.I., Petrov, V.L., Smoot, G.F. and Svertilov, S.I., 2013.. European Astronomical Society Publications Series, 61, pp.553-559.
Grossan, B., Smoot, G.F., Bogomolov, V.V., Svertilov, S.I., Vedenkin, N.N., Panasyuk, M., Goncharov, B., Rozhkov, G., Saleev, K., Grobovskoj, E. and Krasnov, A.S., 2013.. European Astronomical Society Publications Series, 61, pp.633-637.
Amelyushkin, A.M., Galkin, V.I., Goncharov, B.V., Gorbovskoy, E.S., Kornilov, V.G., Lipunov, V.M., Panasyuk, M.I., Petrov, V.L., Smoot, G.F., Svertilov, S.I. and Vedenkin, N.N., 2013.. Cosmic Research, 51(6), pp.434-438.
Artist's representation of a GRB jets (NASA), and a 3D model of the Lomonosov satellite (MSU).