Artist's sketch of accreting neutron star, a possible source of gravitational waves. Image: NASA.
My primary objectives include BDRG detectors calibration and laboratory tests for Lomonosov Satellite instruments in order to produce reliable and precise data for scientific investigation, as well as data analysis. Some data of DRG Gamma-Ray detector of RELEK satellite, operating in orbit since 2014, has also been processed.
- Performance of BDRG detectors of Lomonosov satellite have been investigated during 2 years of laboratory tests. Several calibrations have been performed.
- Temperature-related distortions in BDRG data have been investigated.
- Errors in BDRG coordinate-determining technique have been calculated, by experimentally simulating GRBs at different positions.
- I took part in development of several projects in Seoul and Paris. Under supervision of Dr. Bruce Grossan I wrote program for real-time GRB detection and processed BAT and UVOT detector data of Swift Satellite in order to predict GRB detection rates for X-Ray, IR/Optical instruments of smaller size.
- I participated in Lomonosov conference for students, PhDs, and young scientists, organized by Moscow University and Ministry of Science and Education.
Amelushkin, A.M., Bogomolov, V.V., Galkin, V.I., Goncharov, B.V., Gorbovskoy, E.S., Kornilov, V.G., Lipunov, V.M., Panasyuk, M.I., Petrov, V.L., Smoot, G.F. and Svertilov, S.I., 2013.. European Astronomical Society Publications Series, 61, pp.553-559.
Grossan, B., Smoot, G.F., Bogomolov, V.V., Svertilov, S.I., Vedenkin, N.N., Panasyuk, M., Goncharov, B., Rozhkov, G., Saleev, K., Grobovskoj, E. and Krasnov, A.S., 2013.. European Astronomical Society Publications Series, 61, pp.633-637.
Amelyushkin, A.M., Galkin, V.I., Goncharov, B.V., Gorbovskoy, E.S., Kornilov, V.G., Lipunov, V.M., Panasyuk, M.I., Petrov, V.L., Smoot, G.F., Svertilov, S.I. and Vedenkin, N.N., 2013.. Cosmic Research, 51(6), pp.434-438.
Artist's representation of a GRB jets (NASA), and a 3D model of the Lomonosov satellite (MSU).